incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 19:38:36 GMT
Am 01.11.11 20:13, schrieb Rob Weir:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 2:34 PM, Pedro Giffuni<pfg@apache.org>  wrote:
>> --- On Tue, 11/1/11, Dave Fisher<dave2wave@comcast.net>  wrote:
>>
>>> Questions for the BZ, Forums and MWiki. Is there a way for
>>> people registered in those systems with an @OOo email to
>>> change their address without losing their content?
>>>
>> I won't miss what I never had, but ...
>>
>> For BZ it's easy to change the email address. Just go to
>> Preferences -->  Account information.
>>
> So is there any way to solve a more constrained problem?  In other
> words, let's admit that almost all of the 500,000 openoffice.org
> addresses are unused or were created by spammers and have zero
> relevancy to the project.
>
> Instead, we could look at all new BZ issues created in the last year,
> all forum and wiki members who have logged in in the last year, and
> all ooo-* list members.  From those lists, get the list of all those
> with openoffice.org addresses.  Send them a note saying that the
> forwarding service is going away.  Tell them how to reset their email
> address in the tools.  On top of that put a prominent notice on the
> wiki, forums and website to catch any users we might have missed.
To clarify one thing. Only BZ is concerned from the forwarding adress.
The Forum And the Wiki has separate login systems. Yes, maybe it's
possible that people use the OOo forwarding Adress for the wiki and the
forum. But you are never forced to use it. But the BZ (and befor IZ) was
integrated in the OOo Framework (first Collabnet, and then kenai). The
big problem is only the BZ. AFAIK we have all accounts for the wiki and
the Forum.

Greetings Raphael