incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischm...@googlemail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS]: new home for pre-built unowinreg.dll
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 13:15:10 GMT
Hi,

for all unix builds it is possible to use a pre-built unowinreg.dll that
is used in the SDK for Java client applications.

Background:
This dll contains some glue code that helps to find a default office
installation on windows. This is used to bootstrap an UNO environment
and establish a remote connection to an existing or new office instance
from the Java client application that triggers this code.

If is possible to cross compile this dll with mingw in some way but not
really necessary. It was always possible to download a pre-built version
and include it in the SDK on all plattforms expecting Windows where it
is built always.

I would suggest that we store this pre-built dll somewhere to ensure
that this mechanism can be used or will work in the future as well.

The URL to download the pre-built version is
http://tools.openoffice.org/unowinreg_prebuild/680/unowinreg.dll

The code is part of the odk module and is quite simple. Means it can be
always checked what's in the dll. We can apply a md5 checksum to ensure
that no manipulated dll is downloaded.

Any ideas where we can store this dll in the future?

Juergen