incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 00:40:40 GMT
<hat type="mentor"/>

On 10/31/2011 4:35 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:
...snip..
> Opinions about the name are everywhere.

And decisions about the name will be made by the active members of the
PPMC either having an obvious consensus, or by having a [VOTE] thread.

This is a critical issue to understand as the community here grows.  A
successful project community definitely solicits and listens to the
feedback from it's users.  But active project committers also need to be
careful to not let user input derail their energy and focus at actually
doing work on the project.

In the future, once the community matures and has more clearly
understood tasks and ways of working on various lists, I would expect a
proposal and basic decision on something like a new logo would be made
on the ooo-marketing@ list.  But at the current time, while everyone is
still learning how to work together efficiently, I would recommend
having the decision here on ooo-dev@ still.

- Shane