incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Hunspell dictionaries are not just words lists (+ other matters)
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 16:00:45 GMT

On Nov 8, 2011, at 7:44 AM, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> Without commenting on the merits of Hunspell or how to - or how not to - incorporate
it or related dictionaries into AOOo builds, I will note that this thread has strayed off
topic for the developers here on ooo-dev@.

> If an Apache project needs legal advice to move forward with their project's work, it
should form a *specific* question and take it to legal-discuss@.  Otherwise, we should focus
on figuring out how to make a great AOOo build and organizing the many migration tasks from
the *.oo.o handover here on ooo-dev@ and leave complex and non-specififc legal discussions
elsewhere.

> - Shane, having seen far too many discussions between developers about the law distract
far too much attention from writing useful code

It seems that the other thread - "GPL'd Dictionaries ..." has returned back to the beginning
and is focused on an answer - at least for Installation.

Someone, I don't know who, will need to focus on the extensions and templates servers at OSUOSL
which are Drupal and can be hammered at times.

See you in Vancouver later today.

Regards,
Dave