incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Source Code Sponsor of OOo
Date Sun, 20 Nov 2011 18:01:54 GMT
On Nov 20, 2011, at 9:44 AM, Thomas Horn wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've read on http://teamopenoffice.org/en/become-a-partner.html that
> you could become a "Source Code Sponsor" with your named displayed in
> OpenOffice.org 3.4 by paying EUR 5000.

This offer has nothing to do with the Apache Software Foundation which owns the OpenOffice.org
trademark.

Team OpenOffice.org has been asked to remove fundraising that confuses trademarks. It has
not happened. This is very unfortunate.

> Do you really thinks that this is a good idea? I think that will lower
> the neutrality of the Apache Foundation as I before wasn't under the
> impression that you could buy yourself into Apache software.

This is exactly why Team OOo must modify their website.

> Greetings from
> Thomas

Thanks.
Dave