incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: MacOS X Lion compatible
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 22:27:11 GMT

On Nov 1, 2011, at 2:18 PM, Thorsten Behrens wrote:

> Dave Fisher wrote:
>>> The user has given me some details to reproduce.  This seems
>>> appear when LibO is already installed.  If you add OOo, the
>>> install process try to retreive the LibO profile The problem is
>>> fixed if LibO is uninstalled.
>>>

>> This LibO and OOo thinking they are the same application is a
>> continual problem. It would have been nice if LibO made themselves
>> distinct.
>>
> Hi Dave,
>
> LibO uses ~/Library/Application Support/LibreOffice (not
> OpenOffice.org) - please don't jump to conclusions just yet. Beyond
> that, we always welcome patches to make LibreOffice even more
> distinct. :)

Sorry, if I appeared to jump to a conclusion. It is just that I have seen different reports
of either LO or OOo not running if the other is running.

There was one in the OOo users list about portable LO not starting because OOo was active.
So there are conflicts. No implication that this is intentional just a fact of originally
being the same codebase. Registrations on various systems is hard. I've had the "joy" of writing
installation code for .Net assemblies and that is not fun.

Regards,
Dave