incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 15:37:13 GMT
posted only to ooo-dev

On Nov 1, 2011, at 8:15 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> If every post on this thread is being cross-posted to two lists, why is it being conducted
on two lists?  All it does is expose the prospect of the thread forking between the two lists
and turning into a tangled mess.  It also forces anyone who is keen on this topic to read
both lists to make sure that eventuality is forestalled.

SInce I use rules to move mail to folders these all looked like ooo-dev to me as that rule
is earlier in my list.

So, +1. Please be careful with cross-posting.

I recommend that a single list be chosen for continuation.

Shane suggested continuing here on ooo-dev this time and later use ooo-marketing.

> At present, instead of providing shelter of the ooo-marketing list from the clutter on
ooo-dev, this is either adding clutter to ooo-dev or it really needs to be a [DISCUSS] there.

Perhaps a DISCUSS on ooo-marketing can be announced on ooo-dev with an [ooo-marketing] tag?

Regards,
Dave