incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces"
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 13:26:42 GMT
Hi Armin,

Le 21 nov. 11 à 13:14, Armin a écrit :

> Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> As you have probably read, these are just "cheap copies" / "copy on
>> write" references in SVN, so the directory name does not really
>> matter.
>
> Yes, I read that. just as expected :-)
>

>> There might be some advantage to prefacing the name with your Apache
>> ID, e.g., "alg-svnreplacement" so it is easy to find all of your own
>> feature branches.
>>
>>> What would be preferred and should I just start doing it...?
>>>

>> We could do it entirely in /branches if we adopt a naming scheme,
>> like DEV* for release stabilization branches and <Apache-ID>-* for
>> individual feature branches.  Or separate these with different
>> directories, per your example.  I don't think the tools care one
>> way or another.
>>
>> Would you ever want/need to check out all CWS's but not release
>> branches?  Or want to grep all CWS's but not the DEV branches, or
>> do any other operation that would impact only the CWS's
>> together?   If so, having them in different directories would help
>> a little.
>>

> Interesting point. It may be useful to grep own cwses, or releases.
> Thus something like
>
> /cws/alg/svgreplacement
> /cws/alg/...
> /cws/someonelse/...
> /dev/aoo340
> /dev/aoo350
>
> would be nice. Comments, anyone?

Sorry for my dumb question, but how things will work when several
devs will work together on one feature ?

Also, what about use the cws name first, then the Apache id ?

Could give :

/cws/svgreplacement/alg
/cws/svgreplacement/another_contributor

Please be gentle if I was plain wrong :-)

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə