incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Gianluca Turconi <>
Subject Re: How to provide Linguistic Tools replacements after the removal of GPL'd modules
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 12:47:30 GMT
Il giorno Wed, 30 Nov 2011 07:25:59 -0500
Rob Weir <> ha scritto:

> That is worth a try.  Someone would need to enter a JIRA issue for
> this:
> If we do that, we'll have an answer within a week or two.

Andrea Pescetti could have already done it. He should give more
details here.

> I wonder what percentage of users will notice this information when
> the initially download?   Even if 90% see the note and download the
> dictionaries at the same time, that still leaves many thousands of
> users who will miss it.  So, if we can't bundle, then maybe we want
> multiple layers of reminders.  Remind before download.  Remind after
> download.

It would prevent a tide of "where is my spellchecker (or thesaurus)
gone?" questions in the users mailing list.

Lettura gratuita o acquisto di libri e racconti di fantascienza,
fantasy, horror, noir, narrativa fantastica e tradizionale:

View raw message