incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces"
Date Wed, 23 Nov 2011 18:40:15 GMT
HI eric, *

On Wed, Nov 23, 2011 at 05:16:35PM +0100, eric b wrote:
> >>FWIW, Michael Stahl had these CWSs in the pipeline, I hope
> >>he or someone else finds the time to merge them into some
> >>branch:
> >

> >>gnumake4
> >

> >I started working in this one. I took the apply-per-commmit approach
> >(I did one big diff but was very error prone). They are ca. 180
> >commits,
> >may be I'll finish by next Monday dedicating 2 hrs per day.
>

> To be sure : is the plan to use gmake for the whole build ?

the original plan is to replace the old build.pl/dmake build system
with a new GNU make base one (there was a blog post on GullFOSS, now
dead, explaining that).

So far, with the commits I've applied, gnumake4 converts the following
modules to gbuild:

basebmp
basegfx
canvas
cppcanvas
idl
linguistic
sax
starmath
ucbhelper
unotools
wizards
xmlreader
xmlscript

not yet applied, but seen in that cws too:

dbaccess
oox
reportdesign
writerfilter