incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Rory O'Farrell <ofarr...@iol.ie>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS]+[VOTE] Trademark and Branding
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:47:45 GMT
On Thu, 17 Nov 2011 13:07:37 -0500
Rob Weir <robweir@apache.org> wrote:

> My point was that these volunteers, by not posting on ooo-dev,
> shut themselves out of the debate.  They are grumbling about
> their votes not counting.  I think they should be more
> concerned about their views not being heard because their
> self-imposed exclusion from the larger project discussions on
> ooo-dev.  A vote is just a vote.  It is worth little.   But
> having a well-argued point of view posted in the right place,
> that is worth much.

I think at this stage there is little point in discussion about
what has happened.  The result is sufficiently decisive on either
the overall votes or the PPMC votes that it can now be referred
to Apache legal and trademarking for a decision, either on the
main choice, or if this proves unacceptable for some legal reason,
a clear alternative.

--
Rory O'Farrell <ofarrwrk@iol.ie>