incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <arie...@apache.org>
Subject Re: agg and epm are still in svn repo.
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 18:23:19 GMT
Hi Jürgen,

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 05:03:37PM +0100, Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> On 11/10/11 6:03 AM, Ariel Constenla-Haile wrote:
> >Hello Maho,
> >
> >On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:47:23AM +0900, Maho NAKATA wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>while porting AOOo to FreeBSD, pgf@ noticed that
> >>agg and epm are still in svn repo.
> >>is it correct? Should we remove them?
> >
> >epm is needed to build deb and rpm packages for Linux (at least, didn't
> >try BSD, etc).
> >Now that copy-left is disabled by default, I'm building with
> >
> >--with-epm=/home/ariel/bin/epm --with-package-format="installed rpm"
> >
> >and I find it nicer than building epm for every clean build.
> >IMO it can be removed and made a build dependency.
>
> i assume you use the patched version of epm that you have built
> earlier, correct?

so so. I took already downloaded the source, applied the patch and
installed in ~/bin because...

> Did you have tried the system epm tool?

... there is no epm in Fedora repositories, Ubuntu seems to have an
epm package:
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=epm

but OOo patch looks non trivial, a vanilla epm from
http://www.epmhome.org/software.php or a system one may not
work as expected.

Regards
--