incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 23:49:56 GMT
Hello Mathias, *

On Wed, Nov 09, 2011 at 12:22:39AM +0100, Mathias Bauer wrote:
> > A source release will never include the sources for these components,
> > as it never did if you downloaded an archived version from
> > hg.services.openoffice.org
>
> But you need to pull the source tarballs from somewhere - and this again
> touches the topic "where to put external source tarballs of (weak)
> copyleft modules". I'm going to continue with my "moving ext_src to
> Apache" thread tomorrow, so we can follow-up there as this is not a
> liguistic-only topic.

Good to bring this back, because I thought I understood those packages
*could* be in svn but *not* be part of a source release, but Ross Gardler
message:

"In order to graduate there can be no license incompatible code in SVN.
The solution below is ok only as an interim solution."
http://s.apache.org/5OK

suggests the opposite.

Regards
--