incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Ariel Constenla-Haile <ariel.constenla.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: request
Date Thu, 03 Nov 2011 08:59:06 GMT
On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 09:16:43AM +0100, J├╝rgen Schmidt wrote:
> >>There was a large effort to handle the redirector to the different NL. NL
> >>are not translations of the homepage are different communities in itself.
> >>Something that was governance with the NLC and other structures.

N-L Projects had Project Leads
http://projects.openoffice.org/native-lang.html

You can read some rules in http://native-lang.openoffice.org/

Basically, N-L Projects were managed by Project Leads.
IMO fortunately in The Apache Way there is no place for Project Leads
anymore.

> >>NL like
> >>ES, FR and JA are structurally different to the EN homepage.
> >>
> >>There was a whole body of work so that it was easy for people to locate
> >>their NLC. Might be a good idea to see how much this change from the
> >>ooo-site and the openofficeorg tree.
> >
> >I've found that each NL site has very much their own main page.
> >
> >ES is especially different.
> >
> >I don't have a favorite, each has a certain charm and style.

[...]

> >The concern I have about other language versions within the podling
> >site that they will diverge. Someone will change the en version and
> >won't be able to change the zh, ja, or de versions. The maintainer of
> >a version may move on.
> >
> >The existing NL sites are proof of this divergence. The DE site is
> >very large and also quite out of date. I think that community moved
> >onto the wiki some time ago.
>
> or the maintainer moved to LibreOffice. Anyway as i mentioned before
> i would prefer to have translated pages with the same content only.
> It makes things much easier.

+1
as you said before, NL project will be better o the wiki, and let the
$LANG.openoffice.org be just a translation of www.openoffice.org, with
the same look and feel as the main site.

Regards
--
Ariel Constenla-Haile
La Plata, Argentina