incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 20:48:29 GMT
I think it is worth bringing this one video to people's attention. It is worth an hour to watch
it all.

On Nov 8, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Shane Curcuru wrote:

> As a mentor, I have two comments:

<snipping the first comment>

> - I highly recommend that people view through the slides for the well-respected "How
Open Source Projects Survive Poisonous People" set of slides:

> https://sites.google.com/site/io/how-open-source-projects-survive-poisonous-people
>
> The talk is worth watching, but for those short on time the slides are worth reading.
 In particular, the aspects about how communities of many different kinds of people (the vast
majority who are not poisonous, by the way!) can effectively work together on public mailing
lists.  A key slide is pp 5, and pp7 as a followup:

> "Attention and Focus
> These are your scarcest resources
> You must protect them"
>
> - Shane