incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS][WWW] Current Polish web site -- pl.openoffice.org
Date Wed, 09 Nov 2011 23:06:50 GMT

On Nov 9, 2011, at 2:19 PM, Kay Schenk wrote:

> As many of you may know, per Dave's announcement about a week or so ago, we
> have a staging site of *MOST* (we're still finding areas that need to be
> "re-pulled" for one reason or another), of the (old) current OO.o site at:
>
> http://ooo-site.apache.org
>
> Right now, I have a question about the existing "pl" (Polish) site at
>
> http://pl.openoffice.org/
>
> Does anyone on this list know anything about the history of the Polish site
> -- why this group decided to basically make a duplicate of the
> OpenOffice.org site but translated? None of the other N-L sites have gone
> to this length so I'm just curious about it.

Is it bigger than the German site?

> Also, at this point in our migration plans, do we have anyone here who is
> willing to continue to maintain the "pl" site as it stands?

I think we want to check it in, but then we may want to then remove most of each N-L site
(they will be in SVN!)

> Also note, this site has not yet been ported over to the staging site.
>
> And finally, I am having a few problems getting my recent changes to the
> N-L page to actually "publish" so no fun link from the staging home page
> yet.
> <http://ooo-site.apache.org/>

I published these just now.

Warning - using the webgui the first time on ooo-site it is suggested that you brew a cup
of coffee and come back in 10 minutes.

I've discussed the foo.openoffice.org/bar to www.openoffice.org/foo/bar permanent redirect
for the ooo-site Virtual Host and openoffice.org DNS  with Joe today - we should specify a
full list of the subdomains that will fit this pattern and add it to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-3933

When the time comes to go live Infra will handle the rest of the detail.

Regards,
Dave