incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Meeks <michael.me...@suse.com>
Subject Re: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 14:04:20 GMT
Rob,

On Tue, 2011-11-29 at 07:37 -0500, Rob Weir wrote:
> Just to be clear.  No discussion of this new list has taken place on
> ooo-dev or ooo-private.

	You did read this thread ? it was discussed, inconclusively at length,
and the unhappiness with the status quo articulated quite clearly, that
was around a month ago. Finally I got around to doing something about it
- much as was outlined.

> You have acted unilaterally in this regard. Dennis is not representing
> Apache or this project in this matter.  In fact he is not even a
> participant on the ooo-security or securityteam list.

	Sounds like he is a neutral sort of guy then; he has posted useful
things to the TDF security list in the past, and seems entirely suitable
as a neutral moderator. Since I tend to think that getting the poles
into the same boat can help - would you like to be an admin to ensure
balance, or does IBM have someone working on security topics that would
be a better fit ?

> >        It'd also be nice to have a list of guys from your side
>> to subscribe to it, and/or otherwise (in the meantime) perhaps
>> we should add ooo-security@incubator.apache.org to be on the
>> safe side.
>
> Since Dennis has already leaked the subscriber list for the
> securityteam mailing list to you, I assume you are all set now?

	He has ?

	One thing that would really help me in future (and I know it's a lot to
ask) would be if you could (somehow) in your mails clearly separate
facts you can vouch for, from un-substantiated conjecture stated as
fact.

	But of course, I'll go and comb through my spam filter.

	Regards,

		Michael.