incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject What about BrOffice?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 18:24:21 GMT
Hi guys;

I am not meaning to alienate the Brazilian community or
anything like that. Just wondering if there are thoughts
on BrOffice brand and releases.

AFAICT, BrOffice is not a trademark SUN owned so it was
not transferred to the ASF. I think the BrOffice people
will have to make a proposal to the PPMC but just some
points to wonder about:

- Are we (AOO) allowed to carry BrOffice branding stuff
in our repository at all?
- Can anyone release a BrOffice branded product?
- How will it be differentiated by the BrOffice derived
from LibreOffice (therefore under a different license)?
- Could/should it be called Apache BrOffice? (would
surely require permission from ASF if that's the case).

Just thinking that such things should be planned
beforehand ;).

cheers,

Pedro.