incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 00:20:24 GMT
Hi;

First of all ...

+1 To Andrea's general opinion in this email and
welcome as a committer!

I spent some time on the new Italian site (just playing
with Apache CMS) and I updated the links to use relative
URLS and the legal information, but I think thats about
what I was planning to do with it. I am glad Andrea is
here to help as even when I am rather fluent in Italian
my native language is actually Spanish and I don't currently
live in Italy.

I think that, despite being outdated, the Italian site is
much more friendly for both users and developers that the
English site and removing it would be a huge mistake. It
also has many specific links for educators, and consultants.

The Spanish site, on the other hand, is really poor in
content and while I wouldn't feel like helping translate
it, maybe that would make sense.

My recommendation here is to decide what to do case-by-case.
Ultimately just let each community decide, but absolutely
don't remove the site until there is a complete replacement.
For users seeing the own language supported is really
important.

Pedro.

ps. Andrea, please do link the document in the new site :).