incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unaccounted copyleft libraries in THIRDPARTYLICENSEREADME.html
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2011 14:17:14 GMT
Hi Eric;

--- On Sat, 11/26/11, eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
> From: eric b <eric.bachard@free.fr>
>

> Le 26 nov. 11 à 07:58, eric b a écrit :
> >
> >> Just running a check through the things registered
> in the old documentation I found mention of this
> libraries/packages:
> >> Neolight
> >
> > NeoLight is a plugin, who was udner LGPL license. So
> we (mac os X porters) asked NeoOffice people whether it was
> possible to integrate it in OpenOffice.org.
> >
> > In return we received Legal infringement from them
> (this is i n the Community Council archives) for some dark
> reason.  Since NeoOffice modified NeoLight license
> (today GPL) to avoid us to integrate it in OpenOfice.org.
>

> The link I mentionned :
> http://openoffice.org/projects/council/lists/discuss/archive/2007-05/message/4

Thanks for the link.. it's amusing. I think the author
was clueless concerning the license he chose.

> No idea what the current license is though.

GPL'd since 2007 but the code doesn't seem to have
changed since 2005.

I will be glad to remove the obsolete note from the
thirdpartylicense stuff but in any case I don't
consider this document official at all: it has many
obsolete references and there's no need to reproduce
entire licenses. Maybe we should just keep an
html version of the NOTICE file there.

cheers,

Pedro.