incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 16:35:50 GMT
Hi Jurgen;

--- On Thu, 11/24/11, J├╝rgen Schmidt <jogischmidt@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > As I had understood it the idea is that we shouldn't
> > be using patches as a workaround to do actual coding
> > on top of copyleft components, so I guess if the
> > components are not on by default that is OK. This
> > is still not the best solution, especially for the
> > nss code but we can live with it for now.
>
> And we have tired to upstream our patches but often they
> are to specific that they are not accepted or the version
> we use too old.

Now that you mention this, the old versions of certain programs
are a concern due to security issues :(.

I am cheering for hdu's attempt to replace nss with
openssl.

> We provide both the sources and the patches we have made
> and that should be ok from a license perspective.

Yes you are right because it's off by default: builders
must be aware that the code they are downloading is
(weak) copyleft .

cheers,

Pedro.

ps. (hope you did get that fetch_tarball.sh script, the ML
tends to eat attachments).