incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Thu, 24 Nov 2011 14:29:42 GMT

--- On Thu, 11/24/11, Gianluca Turconi <public@letturefantastiche.com> wrote:
> Il 24/11/2011 15.01, Pedro Giffuni ha
> scritto:
> > I think we should keep the non copyleft dictionaries
> for
> > reference. I think that leaves us with English,
> Russian,
> > Croatian and I have an old italian version kindly
> donated
> > by Gianluca to the MySpell "pseudo-project"
> @Apache-Extras.
>
> Please, keep in mind that I thought that Hunspell would
> have been the main AOO spell checker until a good
> substitution wouldn't have found.

Hunspell is still the main spellchecker in AOO but we
cannot ship the italian dictionary and even the MPL
dictionaries have to be removed from the repository.

> Exactly, what do you mean by saying "You can go ahead and
> kill hunspell from the tree"?

We are not allowed to ship copyleft (strong or weak) in
source releases so the same rules about not download+patching
copyleft apply to hunspell.

Unless I misunderstood something?

Pedro.