incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <>
Subject RE: [Code] strategy for "child works spaces"
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 18:02:04 GMT

--- On Sat, 11/19/11, Dennis E. Hamilton <> wrote:
> This is not my area of expertise by
> any means.
> And I have a concern that this is topic is being
> over-simplified.  This description is to test my own
> understanding of what it takes.

I have concern that things look a lot more complex when
we discuss them too much, and eventually we will not
try anything at all.

Of course the key would be to merge such a tree frequently
with trunk, specially the minute before the branch changes
are planned to be merged up: at such a point the branch
should be exactly what the new trunk will become and that
would guarantee that there are no conflicts.

I would be interested in working in a development branch
if there is a clear path to integrate some of the CWSs there.
At this point I don't know how to turn those into diffs
(I guess I have to do that in Hg, and I am not good at it).

Otherwise I guess it's just better to wait for 3.4 to become
stable and create an "AOO340" prerelease branch. The developers
that know well those CWSs can start merging to trunk the CWSs
one by one into trunk.

Either way, it works for me.

View raw message