incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Heads up: KDE Crystal Icon set going away.
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 18:31:44 GMT

--- On Thu, 11/17/11, Ariel Constenla-Haile <arielch@apache.org> wrote:

> > The good news is that in KDE my patch will replace
> > them with the Tango icon set :
> > http://tango.freedesktop.org/Tango_Showroom
> >
> > which is already used in gnome, and that will
> > ultimately make Apache OpenOffice more
> > consistent in all desktop environments.
>
> IMO this is a bad idea. If the default KDE icons (by the
> way, AFAIK this is hard-coded, not retrieved from the
> vcl plugin) are gone, then KDE
> should have the OOo default icons, not Gnome icons.

We only have control over the style symbols here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/ooo/trunk/main/vcl/source/app/settings.cxx?sortby=date&r1=1203215&r2=1203214&pathrev=1203215

Tango Desktop icons are meant to be used by both KDE and
Gnome and I don't think there's a way to make the icons
pluggable :(. Let me know if you have a better solution.

Pedro.