incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Report Builder extension (was Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release)
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2011 19:09:59 GMT

--- On Thu, 11/10/11, Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net> wrote:
> Am 10.11.2011 16:22, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:
>
> > Hi Ariel;
> >
> > I honestly have no idea how this works: can we turn
> this
> > into an uno extension, and make it available in the
> > extensions site?
>
> The report build *is* an extension.

Can this be built standalone and made available
in the extensions site?

> Or are you talking about the jfree jars alone? I'm afraid
> that they are not used via UNO but plain Java APIs, so
> there is no chance.

That's not a problem we just put them in SVN at Apache
Extras and bundle them with the extension.

The main code will be AL2 but all the requirements
maintain the original license, we don't have limitations
there.

FWIW, there are many OOo extensions maintained in google
code already:

http://code.google.com/hosting/search?q=openoffice.org&btn=Search+projects

cheers,

Pedro.