incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [CODE] issue 118576: Crash on close
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2011 22:17:52 GMT
Hello Dennis;

And thank you for bringing up this point.

--- On Tue, 11/8/11, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> PS: This should also serve as a reminder that third-party
> bug reports and their fixes are third-party works and need
> to be handled in a very respectful manner and with explicit
> permission and acknowledgment.  Even when there is no
> concern over IP, the etiquette matters.

I have to admit I have been lacking in this point and I
haven't been given full credit to the authors in my
commit messages. A partial excuse to this behavior is
due to my inexperience as a committer, especially in a
project this size. (Hey, I had never used SVN before!)

I do owe some huge thanks to Caolán McNamara, David Tardon,
and all other developers that have left a huge footprint
reporting issues and suggesting patches. It's really sad
not to have them here more actively but we can always
hope that will change in the future, and surely they
can take our code anytime!

Pedro.