incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Pedro Giffuni <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [proposal] development for the first AOO release
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 15:50:03 GMT

--- On Wed, 11/2/11, Oliver-Rainer Wittmann <orwittmann@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am not sure, if we are on the same page ;-)

I expressed it badly indeed. I meant we are not yet removing
any code that we have an SGA for. We do have an SGA for the
reportbuilder but not the dependencies so the dependencies
can go. We can disable them in configure.in for now but we
will have to find somewhere to put them later on.

BTW, most of the reportbuilder dependencies come from Pentaho
right? We should contact them and let them know the situation.

cheers,

Pedro.

> BTW, I do not think that any used 3rd party component on
> which Oracle has no copyright on will be covered by
> Oracle's SGA.

I won't say it works out this way every time but I have had
luck getting some dependencies to relicense :).