incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Gavin McDonald" <ga...@16degrees.com.au>
Subject RE: Blog Draft: OpenOffice.org Migration -- The Community Forums
Date Tue, 15 Nov 2011 21:33:45 GMT

What you have done is 'publish' the post with a future date.

For people to 'preview' a post one must save it as a draft entry first.
With WLW - the 'Post draft to blog' button is what you need.

To get the preview URL, sorry but I think you'll just have to log in to the OOo blog, choose
to view the posts and then click on 'edit' , this will give you the URL.

You can then use the url mode you mentioned earlier for people to log in and preview such
as:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/test/?previewEntry=this_is_a_draft_post

or in your case:

https://blogs.apache.org/roller-ui/authoring/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_org_migration_the_community

or the whole community can preview a blog post without logging in and without needing an account,
do this by
removing 'roller-ui/authoring/' from the URL to give you an open one like:

https://blogs.apache.org/preview/OOo/?previewEntry=openoffice_org_migration_the_community

Should you wish posts/previews to be private and not open for inspection by the general public
then asking people
to log in and view the post within the GUI is the only way to do that - clicking on

http://blogs.apache.org/roller-ui/authoring/entries.rol?weblog=OOo

and logging in will give all OOo authors access to the posts to look at.

HTH

Gav...