incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 19:25:47 GMT
Let me ask this differently, Rob:

What is it that is so appealing about having a [VOTE] on the ooo-marketing
list?  If it is so interchangeable, why have it there?  Or, put differently,
why not having something of such moment to the entire community on ooo-dev?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 10:39
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> It does not let the PPMC members *observe* the voting and any
> [VOTE][DISCUSS] however, unless they also subscribe.

Certainly it allows them to observe.  All PPMC members is able to
subscribe to the list.  They can also look in the archives.

The need for oversight and transparency does not mean that everything
occur on ooo-dev and only ooo-dev.  We just voted, for example, to
allow private discussions and decsions on the forums, with the ability
for PPMC members, on request, to be allowed in.  Subscribing to
ooo-marketing is far easier than that.  It is public, as are the
archives.

This is not rocket science, Dennis.

-Rob