incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Apache Licensed Fonts (was Re: Font related questions)
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:50:10 GMT
Rob,

I would add

3) What makes it easy for an adopter of a binary release to know what license
permissions and license conditions and restrictions apply to their use of the
artifact.

I agree about the confusion downstream.  It also matters how diligent
downstream producers are in handling of their own dependencies.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 12:38
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: Apache Licensed Fonts (was Re: Font related questions)

[ ... ]

Two considerations:

1) What is required for Apache notice policy

and

2) What makes it easier for downstream consumers to comply with
whatever notice policy they may wish to implement for their releases

Personally I think it is very confusing for downstream consumers if we
have a notice file filed with notices for modules that are not
actually included in the release.  Not very helpful for them producing
their own notices.

[ ... ]