incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Apache Licensed Fonts (was Re: Font related questions)
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:02:26 GMT
I welcome anyone who is willing to share the PITA burden concerning licensing, IP, terms-of-use,
etc.

With regard to the NOTICE file.  In a binary release, yes.  If the work is being embedded
somehow and/or installed in some manner, the NOTICE that is included in the executable install
location should include it.  This applies to third-party category A also.  Dependencies on
the licenses of other are always acknowledged.

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni [mailto:pfg@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 11:36
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Licensed Fonts (was Re: Font related questions)

[ ... ]

But I am not in the business of being a PITA for
the project, I just think this has to be reviewed
by legal.

While here a general question: do we have to mention
"Category-B" software in the NOTICE file?
I say we shouldn't since we are not including any
source code for that in in the SVN server or in
the releases, we will just use the binaries if
they are available.

Pedro.

Pedro.