incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [WWW][Policy] Participate! - Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 20:02:26 GMT
+1 on podling pages.

Good catch.

I think maybe contributing.openoffice.org should go away.  If it redirects, it should be to
an i.a.o page, but nuking it might be best of all.

The places where there are links to it need to be renamed for Contributing to Apache OpenOffice,
unless it is better to link some to a wiki page that links to the many OO.o-peer projects
that would enjoy contributors.  I'm for that on the OpenOffice.org domain.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 11:41
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [WWW][Policy] Participate! - Rewriting contributing.openoffice.org

[ ... ]

The subdomain and OOo / Collabnet / Kenai project is contributing. contributing.openoffice.org
can have a permanent redirection wherever we decide. We can reduce all links to the old site
to the index of the new Participate Page(s).

The c.oo.o site currently has the following categories.

Programming
Marketing
Quality Assurance
Graphics and Art
Writing
Helping Users
User Experience
Monetary Donations
Language Communities

I think most of the categories should be kept.

There is also a guideline. This should be replaced with an introduction to the Apache Way.
There should be concrete examples of how users can find a ways to participate in the project
within each category.

Programming
	ooo-dev, svn, builds, ...
Marketing
	ooo-marketing, ...
Quality Assurance
	Bugzilla, ...
Graphics and Art
	Logos, icons, fonts, skins, ...
Writing
	Apache CMS, ODFAuthors, api docs, ...
Helping Users
	ooo-users, Forums
User Experience
	?
Monetary Donations
	ASF donations and sponsorship links.
Language Communities
	Language Packs, N-L communities, what to do to add support for a language to AOO.
	NL Mailing lists, NL Forums.
Apache Software Foundation
	The Apache Way, Project Governance, ...

The more I think about this the more I think these are podling pages.

Regards,
Dave