incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Blog Draft: Migration -- The Community Forums
Date Wed, 16 Nov 2011 00:23:08 GMT
Ahah!  There is a public review location for the post.  Thanks to Rob for

The CSS and formatting don't show in that view, but the text is all there.

I see that I must do this more often, so I don't forget the ceremonies

 - Dennis

@ Marcus: I forgot how to get to the editor view.  I found it again, thanks.
I also found Full Preview, which is how to learn how Roller named the file.
That was the tricky part.

@ Gavin: Thanks.  I thought the idea was to post-date posts, since I assume
they are still editable.  Now they are also publicly reviewable, which seems
important since there are only a few of the podling having logon credentials
for the blog.

@ Louis.  That's right, there is separate authentication to author/edit on the
Roller account.  It's not a personal blog (though there is a way to aggregate
personal blogs at Apache Planet).  There is a protocol about having posts be
where they can be reviewed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton []
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 12:48
Cc: 'Rob Weir'
Subject: RE: Blog Draft: Migration -- The Community Forums

Interesting.  When I post from Windows Live Writer, I have no idea what URL
Roller gives to the post, so I can't find it at the preview location.  I know
the post is there because Windows Live Writer can show me all of the posts
that the blog has, and my post-dated one shows there.  But I still don't know
the correct name to plug in as post-name-goes-here

for review by any editors.  (Because I didn't use the Roller browser UI to
enter the post, I didn't have the benefit of being able to get the Preview URL
from that interface.)

If I don't figure this out before the day ends (UTC-0800), I will put the text
of the post into an ooo-dev message.

 - Dennis