incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2011 17:19:12 GMT
-1 to a [VOTE] conducted on the ooo-marketing list if it is expected to be a binding agreement
of the project.

That would require the PPMC to all subscribe and it would require anyone who is concerned
with only this issue to subscribe here.

There is one place to "speak to the PPMC" in public, and it is ooo-dev.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 08:32
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org; ooo-marketing@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Process for deciding on branding strategy for our first release

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Dennis E. Hamilton <orcmid@apache.org> wrote:
> If every post on this thread is being cross-posted to two lists, why is it being conducted
on two lists?  All it does is expose the prospect of the thread forking between the two lists
and turning into a tangled mess.  It also forces anyone who is keen on this topic to read
both lists to make sure that eventuality is forestalled.

> I recommend that a single list be chosen for continuation.

My intent was to have the discussion on ooo-marketing.  I was just
notifying ooo-dev on the proposed terms and timing of the discussion.
I will start a new [DISCUSS] thread on only ooo-marketing and will
send a cc to ooo-dev when the [VOTE] thread kicks off as well.  Sorry
if this caused confusion.  You can stop cross posting now.

-Rob

> At present, instead of providing shelter of the ooo-marketing list from the clutter on
ooo-dev, this is either adding clutter to ooo-dev or it really needs to be a [DISCUSS] there.