incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Draft IP Review Plan for OpenOffice
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 20:30:56 GMT

From: TJ Frazier [mailto:tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 11:44
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Draft IP Review Plan for OpenOffice

On 11/17/2011 14:16, Rob Weir wrote:
[ ... ]

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/IP+Plan+for+Apache+OpenOffice
>
> Regards,
>
> -Rob

Good job, and much needed.
Comments:
(a) For item #4 under "Guidance for Source Releases", I suggest:

s/This/Producing a copy-left-free binary/

(b) Some further explanation of the situation regarding class-X-licensed
build components would be helpful. In order to build, AFAIK, we need all
sorts of things, like dmake, epm, gcc, &c. These have to be present or
downloaded, true?
--
/tj/