incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [odfauthors-discuss] Feedback link for our documents
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 19:33:57 GMT
Considering how repulsive ooo-dev is for folks who are not developers, I don't
think piling onto ooo-dev is providing a service in this case.  ooo-user might
work, though.  But neither are inviting for folks who are specifically
interested in the documentation and would subscribe to such a list.  I would
expect traffic on ooo-documentation to be comparable to that for
ooo-marketing.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 09:23
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Feedback link for our documents

On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:15 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> TJ,
>
> I am not entirely comfortable having authors@documentation.openoffice.org
> (the correct list), and maybe the other forward to a non-Apache location,
> though I think it would be valuable to support the authors@ d.oo.o address.
>
> An intermediate solution would be to create ooo-documentation @i.a.o now (it
> looks like there is at least one willing moderator already) and forward to
> that.  The ODFAuthors could certainly subscribe to that.   The footer
> provided on ooo-documentation list forwardings could even include a link to
> a wiki page description of other places to discuss documentation, provide
> feedback, contribute documents, reviews and edits, etc.

Rather than creating another list on speculation that it might get
sufficient traffic, could we just forward the legacy address to
ooo-dev?  If it ends up generating sufficient traffic then it will be
easy enough to create a dedicated list for it.  But I'm not in favor
of creating a new list for it at this point.

-Rob

[ ... ]