incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Staging OOo Site: Bugs and Improvements
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 04:18:55 GMT
Dave,

Hmm, I thought you had a CWiki page in mind for some place you were already keeping some sort
of job jar.  I see I misunderstood that.

Where would you like the CWiki page to be?

Put a blank one somewhere in the tree that you want used for this, and I will do what I can
to add to it.

 - Dennis

PS: Meanwhile, I did annotate the draft terms-of-use page, and there has been more discussion
on LEGAL-104 as you know.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Fisher [mailto:dave2wave@comcast.net]
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2011 22:11
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Subject: Re: Staging OOo Site: Bugs and Improvements

On Oct 30, 2011, at 9:55 PM, Dave Fisher wrote:

> On Oct 30, 2011, at 9:37 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> The stuff you are doing is too arcane for me and not where I notice problems.  I
notice things in the content itself at the staging site (ooo-site.apache.org).  I might be
able to learn to edit the ooo/ooo-site pages, but I don't want to get ahead of myself.

>> Not sure which works better, bugzilla for some, wiki for others.  Just not sure.
 Is there a bugzilla "project" for these.  www?

>> - Dennis
>>
>> PS: Examples - the sort of thing I am noticing
>>
>> 1. I had a lengthy back-and-forth with Larry Rosen on Terms of Use and have guidance
that I think will work with regard to wiki, forum, and site pages.  (Not the same for all
of them.)  Also about Trademarks.  (What you have at the bottom of the main pages is close,
others need more care.  May be a few variations to use.)

> Good. I wanted some guidance here. CWiki?
>
> Or, let's find the pages and make the changes.
>

>> 2. A Q about the bottom-of-page use of the feather and mention of "the Apache CMS."
>
> I've asked trademarks@a.o in general about the look. What's your question? I just sort
of came up with it and now I'm asking too.

>> 3. Bug on the left of this page: <http://ooo-site.apache.org/es/> above the
blue bar.

> You mean "We're sorry"? I'm not sure either. There are lots of little flaws like that.
URLs are somewhat random, some are fully qualified and others are properly relative. This
includes css and js that are not always found. These are the kinds of errors that will take
some tedious time to handle.

In this case if it's "We're sorry" then it's google friend connect and it's sorry I don't
have an account or any friends.

<!-- Include the Google Friend Connect javascript library. -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/friendconnect/script/friendconnect.js"></script>
<!-- Define the div tag where the gadget will be inserted. -->
<!-- Render the gadget into a div. -->
<script type="text/javascript">
var skin = {};

skin['BORDER_COLOR'] = '#cccccc';

skin['ENDCAP_BG_COLOR'] = '#e0ecff';

skin['ENDCAP_TEXT_COLOR'] = '#333333';

skin['ENDCAP_LINK_COLOR'] = '#0000cc';

skin['ALTERNATE_BG_COLOR'] = '#ffffff';

skin['CONTENT_BG_COLOR'] = '#ffffff';

skin['CONTENT_LINK_COLOR'] = '#7777cc';

skin['CONTENT_TEXT_COLOR'] = '#333333';

skin['CONTENT_SECONDARY_LINK_COLOR'] = '#7777cc';

skin['CONTENT_SECONDARY_TEXT_COLOR'] = '#666666';

skin['CONTENT_HEADLINE_COLOR'] = '#333333';

skin['ALIGNMENT'] = 'right';

google.friendconnect.container.setParentUrl('/' /* location of rpc_relay.html and canvas.html
*/);
google.friendconnect.container.renderSignInGadget(
 { id: 'div-1233201941675',
   site: '12843089938274410212' },
  skin);

</script>

More questions, please!

Regards,
Dave

>> 4. This page, for Downloads, linked from the ES home page, has a PayPal button and
solicits $25 donations for downloads: < http://ooo-site.apache.org/es/programa/index.html>.
 The solicitations are for the "oooES" PayPal account.

> Yes, I've flagged that as well - Alexandro should be able to explain oooES. I think it
is in a similar category to Team OpenOffice. I've found a paypal button in the Greek site
to an individual for translation work. Not sure about others yet. I'll know when we're complete.
These were all sanctioned at some point and I think the PPMC will need to decide policy in
conversation with trademarks@a.o.

>> This is the kind of QA I am able to provide.  Just need to know where to put it in
a systematic place.

> Let's do a Cwiki page. Feel free to start it, you have a good start with this list. I
am glad you are seeing what I am seeing too!

> Best Regards and Out,
> Dave

at the bottom. Refreshing your browser should clear that.

>>> Many of the projects have yet to be thoroughly checked. I would be very unsurprised
that you've seen issues.

>>> I've updated the kenai2website.sh script in ooo/ooo-site/trunk/tools/. If do2unix.pl
is not run on the html, js, css, and swf then svn add fails and content is missing. This is
why major parts of the it, es, and fr sites were found to missing.

>>> I know that the ooo/ooo-site/trunk/lib.view.pm has issues extracting content
when the body on the html is <BODY> and not </BODY>

>> Oops, this should be "<BODY> and not <body>" - I'm not handling case
in view.pm's sed script. That won't be hard to fix, just haven't done it yet.

>>> I also know that the tags within <body style="direction: ltr;"> the attributes
still need to be extracted and then inserted into ooo/ooo-site/trunk/templates/skeleton.html

them directly without someone more expert deciding the course of action.

>>> Since I am about to need to go through each project one at a time. I'm more inclined
to start a cwiki page and take notes about each OOo "project".

>>> If BZ is how people want to go that's fine with me too.
>>>
>>> I would prefer to discuss how the tools work and the motivation for each piece
on the list. Why? Because there is a huge amount of content and the more who try and can work
on it the better. We need to discuss the steps, each is important. I wish I had more time
to document in total, but there is documentation that is accurate to a point.

>>> I would be very happy if several others would start converting projects.
>>>
>>> I've started the "ja" language project, and will finish that tomorrow.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave

I'll finish tomorrow. You'll see the commits.