incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [odfauthors-discuss] Feedback link for our documents
Date Fri, 18 Nov 2011 17:15:39 GMT
TJ,

I am not entirely comfortable having authors@documentation.openoffice.org (the correct list),
and maybe the other forward to a non-Apache location, though I think it would be valuable
to support the authors@ d.oo.o address.

An intermediate solution would be to create ooo-documentation @i.a.o now (it looks like there
is at least one willing moderator already) and forward to that.  The ODFAuthors could certainly
subscribe to that.   The footer provided on ooo-documentation list forwardings could even
include a link to a wiki page description of other places to discuss documentation, provide
feedback, contribute documents, reviews and edits, etc.

How does that sound?

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: TJ Frazier [mailto:tjfrazier@cfl.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2011 02:49
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [odfauthors-discuss] Feedback link for our documents

[ ... ]

The actual use, i.e., valuable traffic, on those lists is very small,
but still important. I get one or two "nibbles" per week, from newcomers
wanting to help with documentation. My boilerplate reply sends them to
the wiki page, or even to LO.

I would strongly suggest that these two @oo.o addresses be forwarded to
ODFA (assuming they want that – we should ask), unless and until we
establish our own doc ML, and not forever; probably until we consider
OO.o v3.x obsolete. To use a famous figure, 500K addresses might
over-stress ezmlm, but two shouldn't.

[ ... ]