incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: [DISCUSS]+[VOTE] Trademark and Branding
Date Thu, 17 Nov 2011 17:55:59 GMT
That was not my intention, Rob.  I had no idea there was discussion at
<http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=45224>.
All I provided was a notice.

My message was to advise Forum readers, especially the volunteers of the fact that the [VOTE]
was happening here.

I am aware that some of the forum folks avoid sipping in the ooo-dev fire hose and wanted
them to know there was a topic of likely interest.  This is not where I originally posted
the message, and I failed to see that it ended up in the General area.

I did not notice that thread and had no idea that there was discussion there.  I see this
is no different than if there had been a blog post and folks started coffee-housing via comments
rather than acting on the information as given.  And, indeed, the discussion there was certainly
whatever Forum users chose to discuss among themselves, relating to appraisal of how the Podling
seems to operate, discomfort of various kinds, and so on.  It is not as if any independent
poll was happening there.  It was more back-channel.  The only difference about this particular
back-channel is that it was on a public Forum.

Also, Shane Curcuru did offer correction to some of the misunderstandings about the voting
itself.

The only error I see is that I did not pay attention to where my post had been moved and I
did not assist by responding to some of the questions.  Thanks for pointing this out.  I have
added some clarifications and a summary of the outcome.  Next time I will be more attentive,
especially to providing information on how to participate on ooo-dev for a limited purpose
or generally.

You'll notice from the [VOTE][RESULT] tally that Forum participants did indeed participate.
 I find that gratifying.

 - Dennis