incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <>
Subject RE: Neutral / shared security list ...
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 17:25:11 GMT
Just a small clarification.

I don't think forwarding from an ooo domain is being discussed.

I think Michael and Rob were talking about subscribing an @i.a.o list or other
@i.o subscribers to the officesecurity@ list.  That's different.  That means
officesecurity@ would forward to the i.a.o list and/or have direct a.o
subscribers, not the other way around.

I have no idea how this impacts securityteam@ OO.o.  It originally had
non-Apache subscribers and I presume that it still does.  I haven't been
following how that is proposed to be handled as part of the
migration.  That is for-sure a matter for the AOO project and the PPMC.

 - Dennis

PS: ooo-private-subscribe@  Our operators are standing

-----Original Message-----
From: Pedro Giffuni []
Sent: Tuesday, November 29, 2011 08:45
Subject: Re: Neutral / shared security list ...

Hello guys;

--- On Tue, 11/29/11, Dave Fisher <> wrote:

> Hi Michael,
> While some might have hoped for another proposal and
> discussion prior to action, thank you for going ahead where
> there was clearly no consensus for specific action on the
> AOO side.

As I see it, this list is not official. The AOO PPMC has no
influence whatever over it, but that is precisely the type
of "neutrality" the involved actors wanted.

I think it's OK, building bridges is always good.

Just a thought here concerning as to how far this involves
the Apache podling.

Of course, Apache PPMC members can join any lists they like
without asking permission to the PPMC, but any decision
concerning forwarding email from an OOo domain has to go
through the PPMC. I would think the principles in the recent
ASF policy statement  regarding forwarding email from domains would apply to private lists too.

Just something to think about; I am not a PPMC member (I
am considering it, though) and I never had an
domain so you can say I am extremely neutral in this matter ;).

View raw message