incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: How to change the login of AOO BZ instance?
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 22:02:58 GMT
The top banner that has your BZ e-mail address and the logout link is not what this discussion
is about.  Only you see those.  So it appearing there is not something that is a privacy matter.

After I first changed my forwarding from @openoffice.org to @apache.org, the logout link and
e-mail address had not changed.  It is now changed to the @apache.org address.

So, I crossed my fingers and logged out to see what I need to use to log back in.

TJ is absolutely right.  The new forwarding address has become my new account identifier.

Someone forgot to notice that there is no problem that can't be solved by an additional level
of indirection.  There are way too few levels of indirection in the AOO BZ setup.  (Sigh).

I assume this fact is not enough for someone to highjack a BZ account, because the password
has to be known to change it.  And I don't think the reset process works if the e-mail address
no longer works.

 - Dennis

PS: Meanwhile, I now have a BZ account with an @apache.org e-mail address and a password that
I associate with my @openoffice.org account.  I will never keep that straight.  It is time
to generate a different BZ password in my password safe [;<).