incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: URIs Associated with OOo Documentation
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 21:48:57 GMT
It seems pretty clear that no-one is concerned about dead feedback addresses, so there is nothing
to do about that.

The cleanup of our own web pages and wiki pages remains to be handled, of course.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jean Weber [mailto:jeanweber@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 19, 2011 12:40
To: ODFAuthors
Cc: OOo-dev Apache Incubator
Subject: Re: URIs Associated with OOo Documentation

On Sun, Nov 20, 2011 at 06:03, Dennis E. Hamilton
<dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:

> I did a *sampling* just now and I found all of these addresses used as Feedback locations:
>
> discuss@lists.odfauthors.org
>  Impress Guide 3.3, 2011-08-27

Oops! That's an error. My bad.

> authors@user-faq.openoffice.org
>  The on-line versions of ODF 2.x (Fourth edition) documentation
>  The Getting Started Guide 3.2, 2010-02-02
>  There is no user-faq project on OpenOffice.org at this time.  references to http://user-faq.openoffice.org
yield an Oracle Network not found page.  It is not clear where the e-mail address ends up.

AFAIK, any mail sent to that address goes into the ether and is never
seen again. This and the item below are the main examples of obsolete
addresses still lurking in our docs, that we've not attempted to fix
retroactively... though we should have done GS3.2 even if 2.x is too
old to worry about.

> http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/
>  Unresolvable link to "OOoAuthors Guides page" from the 2.x Getting Started Guide page
on the wiki. Likewise for the additional 2.x User Guides

Another long-obsolete address that we've not attempted to fix retroactively.

[ ... ]