incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <orc...@apache.org>
Subject RE: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2011 02:19:47 GMT
Joe,

The second choice seems more optimal, with focus on preserving the forwarding
and neglect of the OO.o mailing lists.

There is no intention to support the mailing lists and folks are being invited
to move to lists created by the podling as we speak.  No automatic
transportation or preservation of subscription lists is intended, nor are the
archives being preserved by the podling.

If some sort of rescue is achieved for (selective) OOo lists, that would be a
separate effort and have to be sustained by PPMC resources, as you say.

 - Dennis E. Hamilton
   tools for document interoperability,  <http://nfoWorks.org/>
   dennis.hamilton@acm.org  gsm: +1-206-779-9430  @orcmid

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe Schaefer [mailto:joe_schaefer@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 01, 2011 17:47
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: orcmid@apache.org; 'Lawrence Rosen'
Subject: Re: [ISSUE] Shut-down of all name@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses

[ ... ]

Pick your poison in other words, either the focus is
on ML's, in which case forwarding addresses only get
support limited to a select few (committers say).
Otherwise the focus is on forwarding addresses, in which
case someone other than infra will be responsible for
the upkeep of the mailing list infra for ooo.

HTH