incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 00:38:05 GMT
+1

I think this is a good separation.

It is also likely, I think, that there will be pathways from openoffice.org to
openoffice.apache.org for situations that end-users and power users will
certainly engage in, such as creating bug reports and interacting in other
ways with the Apache OpenOffice project.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:robweir@apache.org]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 15:46
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Rationalizing two OpenOffice websites

[ ... ]

For example, could we have something like this:

1) www.openoffice.org is the website for the OpenOffice product.  It
is the end user site, focused on their interactions with the product.
So download, help, extensions, support.  It is not how they interact
with the project.  It serves the narrow focus on the product.

2) incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg (eventually
openoffice.apache.org) on the other hand is where the project members
work and where the public (includiing users) interacts with the
project. Not the product, but the project.

[ ... ]