incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject URIs Associated with OOo Documentation
Date Sat, 19 Nov 2011 20:03:42 GMT
New editions of documentations and re-issued versions available on-line can provide an ODF
Authors feedback location, when that is the authorship of the materials.

However, there remain printed editions and downloaded PDFs and ODTs that have old feedback
information.

An interesting challenge is how to preserve or redirect such feedback requests, or whether
to do it at all.

It would be better, by the way, to have folks come to a web page for feedback information,
notification of errata and later revisions, etc., than use e-mail to what happens to be a
mailing list.

I did a *sampling* just now and I found all of these addresses used as Feedback locations:

authors@documentation.openoffice.org
  Getting Started 3.3, 2010-12-03 and individual chapter downloads
  Writer Guide 3.3, 2010-12-27 and individual chapter downloads
  Math Guide, 2010-04-28 and individual chapter downloads
  Calc Guide 3.3, 2011-04-18
  Impress Guide 3.3, 2011-06-20
  Documentation/OOoAuthors User Manual/Base Guide wiki page reference labeled "OOoAuthors"
  Writer Guide 3.2, 2010-04-18 and individual chapter downloads

dev@documentation.openoffice.org
  Sometimes used as link for "OOo Documentation Project"
  Creating Large Documents with OpenOffice.org Writer, 2010-02-11

discuss@lists.odfauthors.org
  Impress Guide 3.3, 2011-08-27

http://documentation.openoffice.org
  OO.o 3 Installation Guide (not ODF Authors), 2010-06-06

authors@user-faq.openoffice.org
  The on-line versions of ODF 2.x (Fourth edition) documentation
  The Getting Started Guide 3.2, 2010-02-02
  There is no user-faq project on OpenOffice.org at this time.  references to http://user-faq.openoffice.org
yield an Oracle Network not found page.  It is not clear where the e-mail address ends up.

http://documentation.openoffice.org/manuals/oooauthors2/
  Unresolvable link to "OOoAuthors Guides page" from the 2.x Getting Started Guide page on
the wiki. Likewise for the additional 2.x User Guides

http://ooauthors.org/
  Sometimes used in links for the OOoAuthors group on 2.x pages

http://www.odfauthors.org/openoffice.org/english
  Used as an "ODF Authors group" link from the wiki Documentation section

editor@gabrielguryley.com
  Not ODFAuthors.  A Conceptual Guide to OpenOffice.org 3, ed.2.
  Other materials with on-line versions by the same author.  Retained under
  documentation.openoffice.org

http://stores.lulu.com/opendocument
  Linked from the wiki as "Friends of OpenDocument" for purchase of hard-copy versions from
lulu.com.  (These links will have to go.  It is better to confine that to pages at ODFAuthors.)

[in passing: The Documentation Dashboard on the wiki has many @openoffice.org e-mail addresses
for owners of portions of the documentation project.]