incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 06:42:08 GMT
I got lost in the scope of negatives and positives.

Let me restate Simon's question:

  Are the conditions on a podling release the same as the
  conditions on a TLP release?

(ignoring the fact that graduation has other conditions
 and how a release is approved is procedurally different).

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Weir [mailto:rabastus@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, November 24, 2011 14:58
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: GPL'd dictionaries (was Re: ftp.services.openoffice.org?)

On Nov 24, 2011, at 5:13 PM, Simon Phipps <simon@webmink.com> wrote:

> On 24 Nov 2011, at 22:09, Rob Weir wrote:
>> We are working on a release. We are not facing an immediate graduation vote.
>
> I had gained the impression over the past half-year that the threshold for Apache to
permit a podling to make a release was the same as for graduation.  Is that perception incorrect?

Yes, among other distinctions the one we are discussing here.
Remember, release criteria concern the attributes of the release. It
is hard to imagine it otherwise.   Graduation requirements are a
superset of these and  additionally concern attribubutes of the
project and community.