incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: How to change the login of AOO BZ instance?
Date Sun, 13 Nov 2011 20:14:02 GMT
PS: When you make the change as I described below, you will receive two
e-mails.  One to the old address and one to the new address.

The one to the old address is the one you can ignore to have the change go
into effect.  (This deals with cases where the old address is no longer
operational.)

The one to the new address requires you to click a confirmation link.  At that
page, you will be asked to enter what the old address was.  (Odd, but you must
enter the old one.)

The confirmation says your log-in has been changed.  As far as I know, that is
not true.  Your log-in has not been changed.  At least I am still logged in as
orcmid@ openoffice.org but that is not the address any message to my BZ ID
will forward to.

If I click on "orcmid" on any of the places where I am listed in a bug report,
the mail-form that comes up is automatically set with To: orcmid@ apache.org
now.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Sunday, November 13, 2011 12:04
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: RE: How to change the login of AOO BZ instance?

I think there may be some confusion between BZ user IDs and the e-mail that ID
forwards to.

For technical reasons, the original one-word User IDs were replaced by their
corresponding one-word@ openoffice.org e-mail addresses.  That address is used
as an identifier and, as far as I know, has nothing to do with the use of that
address for receiving e-mail, forwarding, etc.

If you have re-registered with a previous ID on the new BZ instance, your
profile has a place to specify an actual forwarding e-mail.  Be logged in.  Go
to Preferences.  Go to Account Information.  Enter your current Password and
add a New email address.  Submit changes.

For committers, an obvious choice is to use your apache-id@ apache.org address
as the New email address.

 - Dennis