incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Need a current build for WinXP 32bit
Date Mon, 07 Nov 2011 04:49:28 GMT
Thanks Mathias,

I found the ATL headers in the WinDDK/.../inc/atl71/, and libraries too.  There is also the
ATL Reference Guide and other materials available at MSDN on-line, along with some books in
a very dusty corner of my office shelves.  That is one heck of a dependency.  I wonder how
much of it actually adds to OO.o to do a static binding [;<).

It would be interesting to see how much could be replaced by plain-vanilla COM dependencies.
 Not something I will be in any hurry to dig into though.  Just something to nag my mind while
I concentrate on simpler things first.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Sunday, November 06, 2011 11:44
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Cc: 'Regina Henschel'
Subject: RE: Need a current build for WinXP 32bit

Thanks Mathias,

I missed your earlier response.

I just checked to see whether the DLLs are on my system already and they are of course.  7.1,
8.0, 9.0, and 10.0 plus related patches.

I will look into the WDK.

This seems a good place to start:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487463>.
The release notes are interesting.  Hmm, 619.77 MB ISO Image.  OK, time to go do other chores
while the download happens.

 - Dennis