incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamil...@acm.org>
Subject RE: Need a current build for WinXP 32bit
Date Sun, 06 Nov 2011 18:43:47 GMT
Thanks Mathias,

I missed your earlier response.

I just checked to see whether the DLLs are on my system already and they are of course.  7.1,
8.0, 9.0, and 10.0 plus related patches.

I will look into the WDK.

This seems a good place to start:
<http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg487463>.
The release notes are interesting.  Hmm, 619.77 MB ISO Image.  OK, time to go do other chores
while the download happens.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Mathias Bauer [mailto:Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net]
Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 01:13
To: ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Need a current build for WinXP 32bit

On 31.10.2011 20:18, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
> Regina,
>
> I would like to find an already built Win32 WinXP version too.  I
> despair of ever succeeding in building one myself without extensive
> practice with the tools that I am expected to operate to accomplish
> that.
>
> I don't know how to deal with the ATL dependencies. I thought that it
> was going to be made available independently, but it is apparently
> still tied to VC++ 200xy non-express editions.

As I already wrote on this list some weeks ago, you can get ATL headers
by installing the Windows driver SDK. It might require to add paths to
your build environment, but basically it should work with VS Express.

It might be an idea to install the driver SDK, get the necessary stuff,
move it into a suitable location, adapt include path and library path of
your build env and then deinstall the otherwise useless SDK again.

Regards,
Mathias