incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Yuri Dario" <mc6...@mclink.it>
Subject Re: Apply as committer
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:44:45 GMT
Hi Rob,

> Welcome to the project and welcome to Apache!

thanks :-))

> I'd recommend reading this page, especially the sections on
> "Meritocracy" and "Roles":

I looked at these pages first, but I thought that existing OOo
developers with write access to sun servers were already at committer
level. But it is not a problem to start as developer :-))

> You can send the iCLA to the Apache Secretary at any time.  You do not

sent.

> In any case, I'd recommend starting with simple patches, at a module
> level, to make it easier to review.

sure, I have plenty of them to submit once I resync with AOOo tree.

> Also, where are you distributing the OS/2 ports?

current OS/2 binary builds are done by a vendor, and are shipped with
the eComStation license, so they are not available to general public.
While full source tree is available to everyone, nobody tried to
compile it (it is not a trivial task).

--
Bye,

	Yuri Dario